What Type of Motorhome Should I Hire?
Before I Hire a Motorhome - What are the Types of Motorhome Out There?
- Panel van conversions. These smaller motorhomes tend to be based upon your typical commercial metal-panelled van.
- Coachbuilt mororhomes. This is when the motorhome manufacturer takes the basic cab and chassis from a commercial vehicle manufacturer, and then customises with the motorhome body to the rear of the vehicle.
- A-class. not unlike the previously mentioned coachbuilt motorhomes, the motorhome manufacturer takes the chassis from a commercial vehicle, and fits a new cutomised cab and body.
- Demountables / fifth wheels. Not common in the United Kingdom and tend to be of American design.
- RV or Recreational Vehicles tend to be imports from the USA.