Motorhome Hire In London UK – Vehicle Classes

Motorhome hire in London UK is a very exciting way of seeing the rest of the UK or visiting Europe on your terms and on your schedule. However, you might be a little confused about the regulations for particular motorhomes and campervans and whether you’re allowed to drive them. So what are the vehicle regulations?

Whether you’re permitted to drive a motorhome depends on how old you are and something else known as the vehicle’s maximum authorised mass (MAM). If you passed your test after the date of the 1st of January 1997, you’ll be permitted to drive up to a B1, which means you’re allowed to drive a vehicle up to a MAM of 3,500kg, along with being permitted to tow a trailer with a mass of up to 750g in its wake. As a consequence of this regulation, most motorhomes that are newly built are designed to conform to the B1 requirement. However, larger motorhomes up to a MAM of 7,500kg are categorised as C1 and you’ll need to take an another test to be able to drive them. You can avoid this if you passed your test before 1997 though – you should be automatically entitled to drive C1 vehicles, but ensure you check your driving licence first. The last thing you want when searching for motorhome hire London wide is to find that you can’t drive the vehicle you want to. There’s no reason why campervan hire London based should be confusing. Just make sure you know that you’re legally allowed to drive a particular vehicle before you hire it out and you’ll be fine.

HolidayCamperVan are one of the world’s best sources for camper and motorhome hire. So, if you’re searching for motorhome hire in London UK, take a look at our search facilities before you hire through anyone else. The right camper van for you, every time. Book now on .